Pawnee Tribal Development Corporation
Position Title: Gaming Slot Manager
Reports To: IT Manager
FLSA Designation: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: Assist in the supervision, administration and coordination of the day-to-day EGM (Electronic Gaming Machine) operations and maintain equipment at peak operational readiness.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs all functions in accordance with applicable Tribal, Federal and other laws and gaming regulations and Pawnee Tribal Development policies and procedures.
- Install, move, test, repair and maintain EGM’s and electronic/electromechanical components, subsystems and systems.
- Interpret accounting/communications systems information as related to proper machine functionality.
- Maintain security of keys and company assets.
- Review, interpret and verify slot pay tables, settings and EGM communication systems to the back of the house.
- Troubleshoot and repair EGM’s and other equipment/systems in order to minimize down time and maximize profitability of the gaming operation.
- Independently and/or cooperatively perform advanced tasks including but not limited to RAM clears, setup/configuration of software, progressive systems, software and hardware installation, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Supervises day-to-day activities; provides training, planning, assigning and directing work; interviews and hires; appraises performance, rewards, and disciplines team members; corrects and approves time cards, schedules time off, and post shift schedules; addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Follows through with EGM team members on their assigned tasks to ensure completion.
- Responsible for departmental compliance with specifications required by the SICS (Systems of Internal Controls), TICS (Tribal Internal Control Standards) and MICS (Minimum Internal Control Standards).
- Responsible for compliance with the AML (Anti-Money Laundering) program.
- Ensures all department facets and team members perform to optimum levels of accuracy and in a timely manner to meet deadlines.
- Completes tasks with minimal supervision and within deadlines.
- Develops and achieves the goals and objectives of the EGM department.
- Provides reports or responses to all levels of management as necessary or requested.
- Identifies staff development needs and is responsible to ensure all EGM staff are trained on current and new technology relating to EGM’s.
- Establishes and develops internal operating procedures necessary to protect Tribal assets, customers and casino employees.
- Establishes, develops and maintains effective business relationships with all levels of management and EGM vendors.
- Attends and satisfactorily completes all required training as assigned and required.
- Manages and maintains security of confidential information entrusted to the position.
- Ensures the highest possible standards of guest service are provided.
- Assists in the management and monitoring of the ordering, inventory, and storage of EGM parts.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, physical stamina, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Slot Management or related field from an accredited four year college or university or successful completion of comparable college level courses. Must have 3 years of slot technical experience and/or slot operations experience. Must have 3 years of experience in a supervisory role.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must be able to obtain gaming license.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, vendors, managers, and customers. Ability to write routine correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions. Ability to understand complex instructions and material
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Must maintain professional behavior and possess exceptional customer and employee service skills at all times.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this position, the employee must regularly stand, sit, walk and bend for extended periods. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and continuously repeat the same hand, arm, or finger motion many times as in typing. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. The employee will frequently interact with other staff members. Specific vision abilities required in this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may occasionally lift up to 75 pounds, such as boxes of paper.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and loud noises. Must be able to work all shifts, holidays and special events.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: