|Title:||Human Resources Representative|
Pawnee Tribal Development Corporation
Position Title: Human Resources Representative
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Human Resources Director
FLSA Designation: Non-exempt
SUMMARY: Serves as confidential assistant to the Human Resources Department and as facilitator for the PTDC employees and community being served.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Processes Payroll Change Forms for PDTC.
- Tracks open positions and distributes job postings.
- Reviews, tracks and distributes incoming applications for prospective employees.
- Meets with newly hired employees to process applicable paperwork and conduct pre-screening drug testing.
- Assists employees with benefits paperwork processing and inquiries.
- Provides employment verifications upon request.
- Assists with coordinating training and activities.
- Maintains general knowledge of employee policies and procedures.
- Answers phones, takes messages and schedules appointments for Human Resources.
- Maintains employee filing system, as well as a set of locked confidential files.
- Places and receives telephone calls and records messages.
- Operates computers and other office machines.
- Acts as corporate operator and receptionist.
- Maintains consistent and punctual attendance.
- Performs other duties assigned by supervisor or administrator.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, physical stamina, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general educational degree (GED) required. Basic computer skills to include a working knowledge of word processing and databases required. Two (2) years of office experience and/or an associates degree preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to employees, patrons, management, and directors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Ability to maintain Human Resources confidentiality. Must maintain professional behavior and possess exceptional customer and employee service skills at all times.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is almost continuously required to sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and continuously repeat the same hand, arm or finger motion many times as in typing. The employee will frequently interact with other staff members. Specific vision abilities required in this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds, such as boxes of paper.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, although it can vary depending on daily activity.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: