|Title:||FOH - Server/Host|
Pawnee Tribal Development Corporation
Position Title: Server/Hostess
Department: Food and Beverage
Reports To: Food and Beverage Management
FLSA Designation: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: Responsible for coordinating the delivery of food and beverages and providing exceptional customer services to guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
· As hostess, welcomes and seats guests, presents menu, watches dining area for needs.
· Present menus and specials to patrons and answers questions about food items.
· Takes orders from patrons and enters orders and transactions into system
· Consistently serves all food and beverages ordered by guests in a proper, efficient and friendly manner.
· Maintains the integrity of the corporation by following all standards regarding food and alcohol safety for all guests.
· Handles financial transactions for goods and services delivered.
· Checks identification for guests that appear to be under the age of 35 to ensure they meet the minimum drinking age requirement of 21.
· Upholds cleanliness standards for station and shared areas of responsibility.
· Conducts business in a team environment.
· Checks with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and takes action to correct any problems.
· Performs cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, washing tables, cleaning windows and glass.
· Gathers and empties trash cans, boxes, bags of shredded paper, etc..
· Cleans building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
· Follows procedures for use of chemical cleaners and power equipment for safety, and to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
· Notifies management concerning the need for major repair needs or safety concerns.
· Requests supplies or equipment needed for major cleaning and maintenance duties.
· Provides superior customer service to all visitors.
· Assists with answering the phones, filing, and corporate office inventory.
· Maintains consistent and punctual attendance.
· Performs other duties assigned by supervisor or administrator.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, physical stamina, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general educational degree (GED) preferred. Similar experience and/or knowledge preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must be able to obtain gaming license.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, vendors, managers, and customers. Ability to write routine correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Must maintain professional behavior and possess exceptional customer and employee service skills at all times.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and continuously repeat the same hand and arm motion, such as mopping. The employee will frequently interact with other staff members. The employee must be able to bend, twist, push, pull, and carry objects. employee may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and loud noises. Must be able to work all shifts, holidays and special events.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: