|Title:||Human Resources Director|
Pawnee Tribal Development Corporation
Position Title: Human Resources Director
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
FLSA Designation: Exempt
Responsible for providing strategic leadership in all Human Resources activities such as the following functional areas: compensation, payroll, benefits, administration, employee relations, training, performance management, life-cycle talent management, on-boarding, policy implementation, recruitment, employment law compliance, retention, organizational development, safety, and employee development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages organizational change initiatives and helps to improve and drive profitable growth. Actively participate in the planning, and execution of business strategy.
- Provides consultation in organizational development efforts to business leaders completing projects to improve structures, processes, roles and responsibilities, and improve team effectiveness.
- Manages and develops a team of human resources professionals, including development plans, performance management, succession planning, and talent assessment and hiring.
- Takes ownership for identifying and building talent while encouraging and supporting employee development.
- Assures employees receive access and timely responses to HR inquiries and services.
- Oversees the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures. Interprets and communicates policies and procedures with employees at all levels.
- Develops and delivers training curriculums and oversees proper administration of developed training programs.
- Assists and supports management staff with effective recruiting and interviewing techniques to ensure the hiring and retention of qualified associates.
- Participates in the interview and hiring process for all management and corporate level positions.
- Administers the compensation program and conducts an annual assessment of min/max pay scales associated to each position throughout the corporation to compare with local competitor wage reports.
- Coordinates and monitors the performance evaluation process. Assists managers when requested with writing annual performance reviews and developing achievable goals.
- Oversees the proper delivery and preparation for all causes of suspension, demotion, and termination.
- Provides proactive solutions to management on all talent issues including recruiting, employee engagement, performance management, employee development and communications.
- Coaches leaders across Pawnee Tribal Development Corporation including helping managers drive the culture and proactively identifying and rewarding high-performing employees.
- Manages HR operational efforts in HRIS, employee records, and compliance.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable tribal, federal and state employment related laws, statues, and regulations.
- Directs the drug and alcohol testing program.
- Manages all benefit plans, safety, FMLA, workers’ compensation and unemployment programs.
- Instills an atmosphere that encourages employees to share ideas, discuss concerns and resolve conflicts.
- Performs mediations between employees when necessary.
- Provides assistance when needed with the development and maintain of the System of Internal Controls revisions.
- Strives to maximize tribal employment percentages through recruiting and hiring strategies that are in compliance with tribal employment rights laws.
- Maintains consistent and punctual attendance.
- Performs other duties assigned by supervisor.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises Human Resources Department.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, physical stamina, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to translate business strategy into HR initiatives
- Ability to provide valued consultation, build partnerships, coach and influence management team, playing the role of a trusted advisor.
- Knowledge and understanding of all HR disciplines, best practices and their application.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with absolute discretion.
- Excellent time management and problem resolution skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management as well as team members in the office and on the floor.
- Excellent critical thinking, strategic and analytical skills needed, as well as the ability to successfully execute strategies in support of the business needs.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience required. Advanced degree and previous supervisory HR experience preferred. Experience in staffing, recruitment, performance management, training and development, compensation, employee relations, and administrative support functions preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: SPHR or PHR Preferred
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees, applicants, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management and public groups. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to develop formulas on Microsoft Excel.
REASONING ABILITY: Ensures compliance with company standards, processes and policies in all tasks. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw called conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Ability to maintain Human Resources confidentiality. Must maintain professional behavior and possess exceptional customer and employee service skills at all times.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is almost continuously required to sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and continuously repeat the same hand, arm or finger motion many times as in typing. The employee will frequently interact with other staff members. Specific vision abilities required in this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds, such as boxes of paper.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, although it can vary depending on daily activity.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job. Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status or other statues protected by law. As a Native American owned business under the jurisdiction of the Pawnee Nation, Pawnee Tribal Development Corporation reserves the right to give preference in hiring and promotions to members/citizens of federally recognized tribes in accordance to TERO (Tribal Employment Rights Office) law.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: