Pawnee Tribal Development Corporation
Position Title: Shift Leader
Department: Howler’s BBQ
Reports To: Howler’s Assistant Manager
FLSA Designation: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: Assists the General Manager and Assistant Manager in overseeing the operations of the restaurant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
· Acts as the Manager on Duty in the absence of the Assistant Manager and General Manager.
· Assists with training new and current employees.
· Assists in server/hostess duties as needed.
· Helps establish and monitors standards for exceptional customer service.
· Helps with cleaning and kitchen inventory.
· Welcomes guests and monitors dining areas for needs.
· Checks with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and takes action correct any problems.
· Performs cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, washing tables, cleaning windows and glass.
· Maintains the integrity of the corporation by following all standards regarding food and alcohol safety for all guests.
· Checks identification for guests that appear to be under the age of 35 to ensure they meet the minimum drinking age requirement of 21.
· Upholds cleanliness standards for station and shared areas of responsibility.
· Notifies upper management concerning the need for major repair needs or safety concerns.
· Assists with answering the phones, filing, and corporate office inventory.
· Maintains consistent and punctual attendance.
· Performs other duties assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises front and back of house employees.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, physical stamina, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general educational degree (GED) required. Two years’ work experience in a directly related field required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must be able to obtain gaming license, food handlers’ permit, and liquor license.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before employees.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Must maintain professional behavior and possess exceptional customer and employee service skills at all times.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk and continuously required to stand. The employee will frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk while performing the duties of this job. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee continuously uses hand strength to grasp tools. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds such as milk crates, frozen foods, canned food, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and peripheral vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in temperatures above 100º and occasionally will walk on slippery surfaces. The noise level is usually quiet to moderate and occasionally the noise level is frequently loud enough that the employee must raise his/her voice to be heard.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: