|Title:||Food and Beverage Manager|
Pawnee Tribal Development Corporation
Position Title: Food and Beverage Manager
Department: Food and Beverage
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
FLSA Designation: Exempt
SUMMARY: Manages all operations for Howlers BBQ
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages kitchen operations including controlling operations, labor, and food costs.
- Oversees all food storage, preparation, and production.
- Ensures excellent quality of food and proper presentation.
- Monitors portion control, adherence of recipes, and timeliness of all food products.
- Responsible for proper rotation of all food and beverage products, proper storage of food products, and proper maintenance of inventory.
- Upholds proper cleanliness as well as maintenance of kitchen equipment.
- Communicate effectively with staff members, customers, and corporate staff
- Provides leadership for team-building and training for all kitchen employees.
- Schedules kitchen staff.
- Addresses personnel issues and consults with employees
- Reviews applications, contact references, conduct interviews, and submit new hire paperwork to Human Resources
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains consistent and punctual attendance.
- Performs other duties assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervises Assistant Manager and Kitchen Staff
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, physical stamina, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general educational degree (GED) required. Associates degree in culinary arts or equivalent experience required. Three years’ work experience in a directly-related field preferred. Budgeting and inventory experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must be able to obtain gaming license and food handlers’ permit or Serve Safe Certified.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before employees.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written and oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Must maintain professional behavior and possess exceptional customer and employee service skills at all times.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk and continuously required to stand. The employee will frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk while performing the duties of this job. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee continuously uses hand strength to grasp tools. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds such as milk crates, frozen foods, canned food, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and peripheral vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in temperatures above 100º and occasionally will walk on slippery surfaces. The noise level is usually quiet to moderate and occasionally the noise level is frequently loud enough that the employee must raise his/her voice to be heard.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: