Position Title: Project Manager
Reports To: President
FLSA Designation: Exempt
SUMMARY: Project Manager is responsible for the overall planning, direction, completion, and financial outcome of assigned projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for mentoring and managing team members, time management, and developing client relationships.
- Responsible to deliver a profitable project in accordance to financial standards.
- Leads development of initial Project Plan, Project Budgets and scheduled Project Status Reviews.
- Responsible for adherence to project schedule including participation in development and regular updates with the President.
- Conduct weekly project team meeting meetings with owner, design team members, jurisdictional authorities and construction team members.
- Responsible for project procurement and contract buy-out as well as participate in preconstruction process as necessary.
- Represent the company in marketing presentations/job interviews.
- Adhere to/comply with the company's EEO policies and affirmative action obligations.
- Responsible for developing strong stakeholder relationships with clients, design partners, subcontractors and jurisdictional authorities.
- Responsible for client management throughout procurement, construction and post-construction processes.
- Assists in development and implementation of quality assurance plans during the design and construction phases and seeks to align client expectations into this process.
- Promotes project culture and leads processes that are consistent with KURUKS values.
- Ability to accept full-time assignments on projects outside of large urban areas.
- Maintains consistent and punctual attendance.
- Performs other duties assigned by supervisor or administrator.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervise project team members.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Six (6) years of experience with a general contractor/construction manager on commercial building projects greater that $5M in value. Bachelor's degree in one of the following: Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Construction Science, Civil Engineering, Architectural Engineering, or equivalent.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid driver's license with good driving record.
COMPUTER AND TECHNOLOGY SKILLS (Preferred): Skill and experience using Scheduling Software including SureTrak, Primavera, or Phoenix. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Office Suite. Relevant CAD or Revit/BIM experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents including safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Ability to pass written and physical exams. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, management, coworkers and customers. Superior customer service; adaptable to change; exceptional listening skills; emotional intelligence; clear communication; strong analysis and decision-making; team building.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk; use hands and finger to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms such as to operate vibrating machinery. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee continuously uses hand strength to grasp tools and climbs on to ladders. The employee will frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk more than the average person while performing the duties of this job. Duties include outside work.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Occasionally the employee will lift and/or move items weighing up to 90. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works both indoors and outdoors and under adverse weather conditions at times. The employee will work near or with moving mechanical equipment. The employee may work with toxic or caustic chemicals such as petroleum products, degreasers, and sprays. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints. The employee will work at high elevations on scaffolding and ladders.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job. Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status or other statues protected by law. As a Native American owned business under the jurisdiction of the Pawnee Nation, KURUKS, LLC reserves the right to give preference in hiring and promotions to members/citizens of federally recognized tribes in accordance to TERO (Tribal Employment Rights Office) law.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: