|Title:||Chief Executive Officer|
|Department:||Pawnee Tribal Development Corporation|
Pawnee Tribal Development Corporation
Position Title: Chief Executive Officer
Reports To: PTDC Board of Directors
FLSA Designation: Exempt
SUMMARY: Responsible for the executive leadership and strategic direction for PTDC and each business operation consistent with the PTDC vision and long-range goals. The CEO has responsibility and accountability for the successful development and implementation of plans to maintain the success and growth of the Corporation. The CEO provides oversight of business operations and new development while ensuring that each entity is operating in a sound and fiscally responsible manner. The CEO will have the flexibility and autonomy to make quick and efficient business decisions, while at the same time assuring that the corporate operations meet the guidelines set by the Board of Directors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides primary leadership in the development of long-range strategic plans for the corporation; utilizes the plans to lead the corporation to increased profits and revenue.
- Reads, analyzes, and interprets financial reports and legal documentation.
- Reviews operating results of the corporation, compares them to established objectives, and takes steps to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
- Identifies, researches and presents business investment opportunities to the Board of Directors.
- Plans, directs, and/or coordinates operational activities at the highest level of management with the help of subordinate directors and managers.
- Effectively presents information to top management, public groups, and/or Board of Directors.
- Responds to inquiries or complaints from regulatory agencies, members of the business community, and/or customers.
- Executes a developed strategic plan to advance the company’s mission and to maximize revenue, profitability, and growth for the organization.
- Oversees the fiscal activities of the organization including budgeting, reporting and audit.
- Participates in mentoring and training for the development of leadership skills for all management and corporate staff.
- Ensures all business activities are in compliance with corporate policies and procedures and all applicable rules, regulations, and all Tribal, State, and Federal requirements.
- Analyzes data and makes precise decisions to improve revenue flow and profitability.
- Develops a management and corporate team that fulfills the mission of Pawnee Tribal Development Corporation and successfully meets strategic, operational, and programmatic goals approved by the Board of Directors.
- Develops strategic operating plans that reflect the long-term objectives and priorities established by the board.
- Visits business facilities and departments regularly to inspect operations to ensure regulatory compliance and maximum performance and efficiency.
- Ensures that the corporate infrastructure is optimally geared to maximize revenue generation.
- Maintains consistent and punctual attendance.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Board of Directors.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises Corporate Directors, which oversee all staff members of Pawnee Tribal Development Corporation.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, physical stamina, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have experience with American Indian Communities.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of economic development and tribal sovereignty as it relates to business and economic development.
- Must possess a strong financial background with an ability to develop and maintain a complex organizational budget.
- Must be action oriented and innovative.
- Proven demonstration of effective leadership and management qualities.
- Must have exceptional public speaking skills and be able to effectively present and communicate with the entire organization and general public.
- Must have good project management skills and be able to direct multiple projects, prioritize project tasks, meet project deadlines and resolve issues.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate clearly in person, in writing, and by telephone and email in a diverse range of audiences and settings.
- Must be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, customers, vendors, government employees, general public, and board of directors.
- Must have advanced problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must have knowledge of employment and gaming laws and regulations.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Proven ability to manage or lead a team of manager-level team members.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organization levels.
- Proven ability to mentor and develop team members.
- Must be able to work as needed such on holidays, nights, and weekends.
- May be required to travel up to 30%
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five (5) years of business management experience, including mergers and acquisitions, personnel policy, marketing, and strategic planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required. MBA or related advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of senior level business management experience required. Experience in business and/or economic development preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in gaming preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Key gaming license.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ensures compliance with company standards, processes, and policies in all tasks.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Ability to maintain confidentiality. Must maintain professional behavior and possess exceptional customer and employee service skills at all times.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, although it can vary depending on daily activity.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job. Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status or other statues protected by law. As a Native American owned business under the jurisdiction of the Pawnee Nation, Pawnee Tribal Development Corporation reserves the right to give preference in hiring and promotions to members/citizens of federally recognized tribes in accordance to TERO (Tribal Employment Rights Office) law.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: