|Title:||Cashier - Trading Post|
|Department:||Trading Post Casino|
Pawnee Tribal Development Corporation
Position Title: Cashier – Retail/Gaming
Department: Casino – Trading Post
Reports To: Casino/Retail Management
FLSA Designation: Non-exempt
SUMMARY: Responsible for financial transactions and balancing retail bank drawers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
· Receives payment for goods rendered.
· Issue receipts, refunds, credits or change due to customer.
· Provides information to customers and resolves complaints in a friendly, courteous manner.
· Establishes or identifies prices of goods/services.
· Suggests sales to customers.
· Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
· Assists guests with cashing tickets, exchanging money, in a courteous, timely manner.
· Maintains clean and orderly checkout areas and completes other general cleaning duties.
· Stocks shelves, mark prices on shelves and items.
· Accurately balances assigned bank.
· Held accountable to a high degree, for the accuracy and thoroughness of departmental records and reports.
· Assures protection of casino assets.
· Reports any suspicious activity to supervisor.
· Maintains consistent and punctual attendance.
· Performs other duties assigned by supervisor or manager.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, physical stamina, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general educational degree (GED) required. At least two (2) years general office work, cash-handling, banking and/or training preferred. Basic computer skills to include a working knowledge of word processing and databases preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Key Gaming License
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before employees, patrons, management, and directors.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Ability to maintain drop and cash confidentiality. Must maintain professional behavior and possess exceptional customer and employee service skills at all times.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is almost continuously required to sit, bend, stand, move and talk or hear. Frequently stands. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and continuously repeat the same hand, arm, or finger motion many times as in typing. The employee will frequently interact with other staff members. Specific vision abilities required in this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds, such as cash boxes or boxes of paper.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: