|Department:||Pawnee Tribal Development Corporation|
Pawnee Tribal Development Corporation
Position Title: Operations Director
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
FLSA Designation: Exempt
SUMMARY: The Operations Director is responsible for developing and implementing strategic plans to increase efficiency and effectiveness throughout all business operations of Pawnee Tribal Development Corporation. Directly oversees all non-gaming businesses and accounting department while working closely with all managers, supervisors, directors, and departments throughout the corporation. Provides assistance with business development efforts and new venture projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages costs and establishes beneficial relationships and partnerships with vendors.
- Provides oversight with the negotiation of all agreements throughout the corporation.
- Motivates team members by fostering teamwork and open communication. Provides direction and support for all staff to achieve organization goals and objectives.
- Provides coaching and professional development to managers in performance management and customer service and assists in diagnosing and designing solutions to improve business operations.
- Develops strategies and operational policies regarding food concepts, pricing, marketing, price/value perceptions, customer satisfaction and employee training and development.
- Develops and directs financial and business operating and capital expenditure plans that are consistent with the overall strategic position of the corporation.
- Stays current on industry trends, consumer preferences and expectations, and competitor offerings.
- Partners with Managers and Directors throughout the organization to identify current and future operational needs and to make recommendations to maximize efficiency and profits.
- Provides overall leadership for the corporation and provides the corporation with a designee for possible succession of the Chief Executive Officer.
- Meets with managers and directors on a monthly basis to conduct a financial review to identify areas for improvement and to generate appropriate business strategies.
- Works closely with the outsourced accounting firm and provides leadership and guidance to accounting associates.
- Coordinates and manages interdepartmental meetings and communications.
- Conducts professional presentations as needed both internally and externally
- Responsible for the development of corporate budgets.
- Maintains a clear knowledge of applicable laws and regulations and ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies and organizations.
- Spends a sufficient amount of time visiting sites and to monitor operations and management.
- Maintains close working relationships with management, staff, vendors, tribal government employees, and the local community.
- Maintains consistent and punctual attendance.
- Performs other duties assigned.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBLITIES (AS ASSIGNED):
- Develops and facilitates business proposals, including budget and pricing development, proposal writing, business plans, contract negotiations, and client presentations.
- Identifies, defines and acquires funding resources available to the Corporation.
- Leads and oversees the development and growth of profitable new business and to develop/maintain effective key agency relationships.
- Designs and implements a comprehensive business development program and appropriate development strategies.
- Formulates standard/routine business development proposals in conjunction with the CEO’s direction.
- Develops project plans, defining the scope of work for each project with input from the CEO, management, and the Board of Directors.
- Drafts and delivers presentations proposals to funding sources, the CEO, management, and the Board of Directors.
- Communicates outcomes of negotiations and proposals, and recommends refinements and improvements of all components of proposals.
- Tracks and reports on the status of all proposal components.
- Establishes and maintains ongoing client relationships with the various parties to anticipate and resolve potential problems.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Direct supervisory responsibility involves Howler’s BBQ, ArrowStop (Plaza), ArrowStop (SNP), Pani Star Design, Accounting, IT, and Maintenance. Although the Operations Director will not provide direct supervision of other departments throughout the corporation, he/she will be very engaged with all aspects throughout the corporation and will assist with hiring, disciplinary, evaluation, and compensation decisions for all positions throughout the corporation.
QUALIFICATION AND JOB REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, physical stamina, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong financial analysis and cost control techniques.
- Ability to appropriately prioritize and manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to develop advanced reports for the CEO and Board of Directors in a timely and effective manner.
- Strong negotiation, organization, communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills.
- Industry specific experience.
- Available to work a flexible schedule that may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of work schedule.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years in a management position with significant administrative responsibilities required. Five (5) to ten (10) years of operational management experience preferred, specifically in gaming.
- At least three (3) years of proven business development experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must be able to obtain key gaming license.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as reports, business plans, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, board members, and the general public. Ability to write routine correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to apply financial concepts such as compound interest, time value of money, tax rates and discounts.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to influence and persuade to achieve desired outcomes.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong analytical and organizational skills. Knowledge of business and management principals. Must maintain professional behavior and possess exceptional customer and employee service skills at all times.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is almost continuously required to sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and continuously repeat the same hand, arm, or finger motion many times as in typing. The employee will frequently interact with other staff members. Specific vision abilities required in this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds, such as boxes of paper. Mobility to move around all corporate properties.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, although it can vary depending on daily activity.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job. Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status or other statues protected by law. As a Native American owned corporation under the jurisdiction of the Pawnee Nation, Pawnee Tribal Development Corporation reserves the right to give preference in hiring and promotions to members/citizens of federally recognized tribes in accordance to TERO (Tribal Employment Rights Office) law.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: